Monday, August 10, 2009

Swansboro at Twilight

Swansboro, NC.

It's the town I couldn't wait to leave when I was a kid. Now that I'm gone...it means a lot more to me.

I took these pictures on the way home from the beach, the clouds had rolled in and the sun was going down...

Swansboro is situated on the Intracoastal Waterway, hence the shrimp boats, which have always been a mainstay since I can remember.

I don't know what it is about them...I just find them serene, waiting till the next excursion, silently waiting for their master to call again...


If you asked me to describe Swansboro, named after Samuel Swann circa 1783, a few words come to mind:

RUGGED

PICTURESQUE



COMMUNITY



SCENIC




EARTHY
HISTORIC

UNDISTURBED
Most of all: HOME Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Amazing how you couldn't wait to get out of there when you were younger, and now you have a wonderful appreciation for it.
    The heart grows up.

    Great post! Great pictures!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I just got home from Emerald Isle yesterday. We went shopping in Swansboro and found some of the cutest shops! And picked up some wonderful fresh seafood! I did not want to leave!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone say TWILIGHT? sorry...anyways
    That looks JUST like when I went to Norfolk Virginia. I also love the N.C. outer banks! Thanks for shring the pix!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle