Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall at the Falls

So did you think I fell off the face of the earth? Nope, I didn't, but computer woes have caused me to post less frequently than I like to...... stick with me while I get the PC repaired, and in the mean time, I'll rob my husbands mac, to share beautiful days like we had today.

I really love this time of year, I always say that, but it's true. Not too hot, not too cold, my surroundings change, and all too quickly, today, we just enjoyed God's beauty and didn't even leave town.

Justin and I took the kids to Grand Falls to take some pictures, I always love getting pictures of the kids in the fall. I had never been here before and it was really fun looking around and exploring, just playing!

Sometimes it's refreshing to just get out and about, not spending any money, not jetting off to some exotic locale, just enjoying where you are and where you live.
Look at this lone heron...



I'm reminded of how awesome my surrounding are....

...how there are miracles happening all around us....


stopping and looking...
...spending time with these guys...
Thanking God for miracles happening every single day....
that everything has a purpose and a reason...
for being where it is, for doing what it is doing, it is up to us to stop and enjoy all that is around us. Sometimes I forget to do that, I get wrapped up in the frenzy of everyday life...but today I remembered to do it.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings!! If you would like to see even more of my photos, visit my Flickr photostream!








Also, because of the computer situation, my monthly giveaway never came to fruition, so be looking for one this month!
I want to start a sponsorship program, I've mentioned that before, and hopefully I will be launching that very soon.

Last but not least, please come visit me on Paper-n-Stitch, it's a beautiful showcase of shops full of handmade goodness. I am really happy being on the exhibit, and I hope you come browse, you won't be sorry! Click on the link here, thanks!




7 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! Wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the perfect fall day. It makes me miss my kids, as we had those kind of days often this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! One of my favorite things in the whole word is looking at a waterfall. We don't have many around my area.

    Hope you get PC issues settled. I *get* that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures... and a beautiful season!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think you fell off the face of the earth, I just thought you must be up to some really great project! Michelle, I am so incredibly inspired by your blog. I always love visitng. Glad you had such a beautiful and peaceful weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just browsing Google images for photos of mantels to get some decor ideas. I came across your blog on your fireplace facelift, got sucked into your blog and began reading some of your other entries and enjoying your photos.

    Then I got to this post, recognized the Falls and checked your profile just to be sure. I live in Webb City too! Just goes to show how small a world the internet is. Will be following your blog as a regular now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle