Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas At The Booth


I haven't shared any pictures of the booth with you lately, so I thought it would be fun to take a look at the booth for Christmas. Now having never been a booth 'owner' before, I found it somewhat hard to put a look together with vintage/second-hand things. It's not that easy. I mean I have been shopping for weeks to collect goods with little or no luck. I don't want to just throw stuff in the booth just for the sake of it, know what I mean?

So I did the best I could with what I found and of course mixed in some handmade goods too, like my gingerbread men. You might notice a new piece here, I just got done with the hutch and moved it in this week, I'll try to do a little before and after, it's really come a long way.



Ahhh... my love of glassware, there is no use denying it, I love it and it has sold very well. Some pretty blown pitchers and sherbet cups.


I did the hutch much like I did my own hutch, heavy distressed black and stained interior, that's original to the piece. I will admit it was a lot of work and I almost threw in the towel a couple of times, but now that it's done I'm glad I stuck it out.


Lamps do very well for me too, and I love seeking them out! Mom's amber glass lamps sold (sniff, sniff) a couple of weeks ago. Here are a pair of candlestick lamps, with cute eye-lash fringe.


A small vignette on the baby dresser


The drop leaf table is decked out for Christmas, don't you just love the little vintage caroller, it's musical too. :)



The blue dresser sold this week and I've got a buffet to move in it's place next week. I'm so happy it sold, I knew it would take a special customer with such a bold color.


Some teddy bears for the kiddies, aren't they sweet?




The curio cabinet that I had anchoring the left side sold last week, so I was able to put a full size tree in the corner. It really helps it feel a little homey. I'm still loving the trellis background, and I'm going to miss that dresser, but I guess that's the name of the game!


I think I've got a little bit for everybody, here's to a great Christmas season!



P.S. You probably already know this, but just in case, I'm participating in Stephanie Lynn's Handmade Holiday event. There have been some fantastic projects and I'm sharing how to make pinecone topiaries, check it out!

UndertheTableandDreaming

Thanks for stopping by!








Need a design boost? For advice and guidance on style, contact me!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Your booth is great. I can see the work you did on that black cabinet.
    Beautiful booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty, Michelle! I think you've added some wonderful touches. I like to see a variety of pieces like you have; that draws me in to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time and effort you put into this really shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! Really gets me in the mood to decorate for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your booth. Wish I were closer so I could do some hands-on-shopping. We had a baby chest like the one you have in the booth. It's been through 2 generations and will probably make it to the 3rd.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your booth is gorgeous! I went to or local antique mall the other to look around and I must say you have them all beat. It just comes to show that it is about the presentation. Good luck to you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything look so festive. Wish I was there to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stumbled upon your blog...and looking through past posts has made me an instant admirer! Your decorating style is a wonderful blend of heartwarming AND chic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle