Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Tour 2011


Welcome!! I am so happy you stopped by! We are knee high into the Holiday season so I want to show you our festive (but simple) home. A big thank you to Nester for hosting the tour, I know there will be tons of inspiration.

I will be highlighting areas and providing links to see even more.

Let's get started in the kitchen. The kitchen is where we spend a lot of time, not only to cook and eat, but the peninsula is where I do all my crafting, so you'll find me in here a lot.

Check out entire tour HERE. Also, a big thank you to Melissa at the Inspired Room for featuring my kitchen.

It's not a very big kitchen, so I just keep the decor simple and add in some whimsical touches. The dining room is actually just an eat-in kitchen but it's got visions of grandeur.:)



On the window sill are my waterless snow globes. These have been really fun and catch the light beautifully. See how you can make your own HERE.



A vintage looking Santa face nestled in a wreath and hung on our chalkboard door, this is probably my favorite aspect of the kitchen





Scratch that last statement, this is my favorite aspect of the kitchen, the Hot Chocolate Bar. Best thing I've done. We use it and love it, although I've had to put a 'cap' on the hot cocoa drinking...the kids would be drinking it all the time (can you say sugar high!:) if not.


Let's move into the living room which is another room we spend a lot of time in.


Over the bookcases, I hung my handcrafted Magnolia Leaf Wreath....I spent so much time on that wreath I definitely wanted to use it through Christmas. I had to stop myself from glittering it, I really wanted to but can you imagine trying to glitter it??? What a mess!
I think it has held up pretty well considering how many weeks ago I made it. It fits in perfectly with the colors in here.


If you'd like to see how to make a Magnolia Leaf wreath for yourself click HERE.



I added the Moravian star and a couple of candlesticks along with some driftwood (on the left)




Over on the TV wall, I hung a small collage featuring my winter tree prints, I've had those for a long time. I also found another vintage owl plate which helps brake up all the right angles. That poor chair, It's going to get reupholstered if it kills me...
soon.It'll be a good January project.



This is the collage on the sofa wall...I added some conifer botanical pictures for winter




This is what is on the coffee table now, I had to move the candlesticks (pictured below, not very kid friendly), to a chunkier candle and a poinsettia. I found a pine candle that I absolutely love and just so happens to fit on the mercury glass candle holder, surprisingly from Wal-mart called Fresh Pine. It has a pretty silver lid and really affordable (I highly dislike spending tons of money on candles). The cattail ball that my husband calls a green brain, is actually natural cattail fuzz (?) dyed a beautiful green. It works great for Christmas as well as everyday.





See more detail on the mantle HERE










See the full story on our Christmas Tree by clicking HERE

Learn how to make your own pine cone topiaries HERE


Let's move on to the Master Bedroom, I worked on it earlier this year and I added a tiny bit of Christmas.


I didn't get to show you yet that I found my parents oversize rosary in storage this summer when I was getting ready to open my booth. It is about 30 years old, Mom bought it when we were stationed in Italy. It always hung on a picture over the mantle when I was growing up, I'm glad that I found it.


For Christmas, I did some curly willow, mini pine cone stems and pine in one of the tea jars. I just took the lid off and used enough to fill the mouth of the vase, easy to take out after the season.



I also made a feather wreath to hang on the mirror. Totally inspired by Nester's white one, I made my own version in brown


This could certainly stay all winter, don't you think?










We have come to the end of the tour! Hope you enjoyed!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!













Need a design boost? For advice and guidance on style, contact me!

36 comments:

  1. Thanks for opening your lovely home to us. I enjoyed the tour and especially seeing your lovely mantel again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is Grand!! Lovely!! You have done it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED IT!!! Everything, absolutely everything is stunning. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful! That is not just "the thing to say"...it is true! So creative, so personal, so welcoming. LOVE the hot chocolate bar. Yep, I'll just bet you have to put a limit on that one. I'd probably have to limit myself...especially if I could make it with a base of espresso. ;-)
    Thanks for sharing you tour...and thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful details! Your tree and mantel are stunning, and I really, really love the hot chocolate bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...great job! You have a beautiful home.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the tour of your beautiful home!

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a gorgeous home! I love the way you decorated for Christmas. I especially love the hot chocolate bar! I would probably have to control myself not to get a sugar high either :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the muted colors. The brown tapers with the magnolia wreath are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle,

    Your home is just lovely, and your mantle stunning! Thank you for inviting me over. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your mantel - how gorgeous!! And the hot chocolate bar is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all! I especially love both of your wreaths! I am your newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I especially love the magnolia wreath and display atop your bookcase. The hot cocoa station is a sweet treat and the cars on the counter are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love your snow globes and your fireplace set up (amongst other things). You clearly put a lot of love into your decorating and it shows. I'm glad I wandered over from Nester's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is beautiful and so are your holiday decorations. You have an amazing style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home is beautifully decorated for the season! Love all the little touches here and there. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from The Nester, your home is beautifully done for the holidays. Love it. Following you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home looks amazing. I have loved seeing it get Christmastified but I love it even more to see it all done up like this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy GORGEOUS! I love every stinkin' shot! (especially the kitchen shots!)
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your post and your decor on the tables in your latest post but with this one I want to say 'Thank you' for displaying Mother Mary's Rosary...it is called the 'atom bomb of prayer' and I am just praying my second rosary for today. I have pledged to say 3 rosaries a day for our Rosary Crusade. Prayer is our way of reaching out to Heaven. Your posts are lovely.
    With gratitude,
    ~Sylvia Faye (I do not have a blog)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I came over from Nester's and I LOVE love your decor. I'm stealing the hot cocoa station for next year. And, the Magnolia wreath just screams winter in the South to me. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you don't mind, but I think your mantel is so stunning that my girlfriend and I are going to try our version of it in her home next year. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just came over from Sherry@PP&P - her chocolate station is adorable, but she gave you credit and she's right - your home is lovely, just not the chocolate station!!!! However, my grandson wants to know why there are little cars on the kitchen counter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much to everyone!!!

    Anon, my youngest son was playing with the cars on the counter, I didn't bother moving them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, what a beautiful home! I love your kitchen cabinets with the gray walls!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just love the angle in which you take your pics. I also get to reminisce

    ReplyDelete
  28. love it all! what is your wall color in fam rm?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Anon, the color is called Fairmont Penthouse Stone from Valspar at Lowe's

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for the color; it looks very pretty on my laptop - I wasn't trying to anonymous, I just didn't know how else to send without building an account. Marilyn from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can I ask where yout found the NOEL flags on the fireplace? LOVE THEM!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A friend on Facebook found that the image of your fireplace and tree has been repinned over 300 times so I had to come over. Your home is beautiful, looking forward to seeing what you do this year!! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle